car-wash-owning
Unnamed
TalkCarWash Stats: 5277 users, 3482 posts, 14421 replies, 1211 classifieds, 3517 pictures, 2.5 Hours of Video
← Back to General Industry

RPM adjusting on wraps powered by Power Pack

4 replies created 12 days ago
posted by GSBZ2112 12 days ago

So I understand the flow control valve, the bypass with single or multiple valves and torque for a power pack, but how does one know the RPM's a wrap is spinning at?
There are many manufacturers of car wash equipment that require a set range of RPM's per chain speed for the wraps and other brushes to run at to be operating correctly.
How can I set a specific RPM from a control valve on a power pack?
Are there such gadgets that can tell me this? Like those cool LASER / Temperature guns?......Those are cool but I'm thinking there is no such animal for determining wrap RPM's.

Replies

reply by pcb 12 days ago

I use a piece of flagging tape or a plastic bag and tie it to the brush and count how many times it comes around for 15 seconds and multiply by 4.

reply by Earl Weiss 10 days ago

You can buy a strobe that will measure RPMs but I use the tape / bag / count method. I usually have someone else count while I time or vica versa. I set RPM for what the fastest chain speed will be and I do not adjust again when I change chain speed.

reply by Earl Weiss 10 days ago

FWIW I think you should use MFGR specs as a guide. Not an absolute.

reply by GSBZ2112 5 days ago

And here I am thinking all HIGH TECH. Thanks guys

You could leave a reply if you were logged in.
car-wash-operating