car-wash-owning
Unnamed
TalkCarWash Stats: 5493 users, 3495 posts, 14447 replies, 1254 classifieds, 3628 pictures, 2.5 Hours of Video
← Back to Conveyor Washes

Starting Wages?

3 replies created 7 months ago
posted by PanamaJim 7 months ago

Fla min is $8.25. I've been $10/hr starting for 12 years but now McD is $9, Sonic and most convenience stores are $10. I guess I've got to move up to $11/hr. Twenty years ago I had beginners at $7 and my best at $14 or $15. (sales staff and mgrs). My wage scale has flattened with less increments.

Replies

reply by hkim3106 7 months ago

We're in VA and minimum wage here is $7.25 but due to competition from other businesses we typically start new employees anywhere between $9 and $12 based on their work production.

reply by PanamaJim 7 months ago

If I hire someone with mechanical exp, I will often start them at $12 as well with the expectation they will assist in wash maintenance. With all this hoopla about raising the minimum wage, it appears like the market place is better at setting wages than state or federal laws.

reply by Earl Weiss 7 months ago

Chicago Minimum wage is at $10.50, going to $11.00 7/1 plus Full time employees will be entitled to a week paid Vacation after one year. See, Chciago can't afford to pay labor costs for City employee, minimum wage jobs are leaving. But they seem tho think they arer smart nough to tell private enterprise how much they have to pay.

You could leave a reply if you were logged in.
car-wash-operating