car-wash-owning
Unnamed
TalkCarWash Stats: 5669 users, 3544 posts, 14501 replies, 1307 classifieds, 3971 pictures, 2.5 Hours of Video
← Back to Conveyor Washes

Mirror damage at the car wash

7 replies created about 1 year ago
posted by Jimmy Jaffa about 1 year ago

Thought I would share a photo of one of our customers car. Customer wanted to fill out damage claim form!

Mirror_damage

Replies

reply by tomchung about 1 year ago

Wow... really?

reply by Earl Weiss about 1 year ago

Been there. "It was on when I went thru" . Tell them to go to the store and get more glue.

reply by fullservr about 1 year ago

Gorilla glue FTW.

reply by kevinmcf about 1 year ago

Been there done that. One time I had a brand new Cadillac only 6 months old, the mirror broke off. Now it was not as obvious as this one, but you could see traces of glue. I told them it was previously glued (probably broke in transit to dealer).
I told customer I would re-glue it. they argued with me over it! I knew the dealer and they had a good rep in the area. So I told them to take car to service dept, and if they say it was not glued to buy new mirror bring it back to me I will either give extra wash credit towards purchase of mirror or even pay the cost of mirror, and I will replace here. But even it it was glued bring mirror back and I will still replace it free but I could not pay for it. A few weeks later Cad came back and dealer just replaced mirror N/C.

reply by PanamaJim about 1 year ago

LOLOL...here's the only attempted scratch claim we've had in months. Hilarious

Img_0979
reply by PanamaJim about 1 year ago

She said our chemicals did this as well. Looks like previous egg damage to me OR maybe battery acid spill

Img_0980
reply by Gruskowskj 5 months ago

Tell them you wash cars. Its there risk going in.

You could leave a reply if you were logged in.
car-wash-operating