car-wash-owning
Unnamed
TalkCarWash Stats: 5669 users, 3547 posts, 14501 replies, 1308 classifieds, 3976 pictures, 2.5 Hours of Video

Whose Talking

Last Active Members

← Back to Self Serve Car Wash

Pressure/Consumption Issue

0 replies created 10 months ago
posted by Taylor Woodward 10 months ago

I have a 4 bay self serve wash. Cat 310 pump on each bay fed by gravity from water tank. 1 inch piping out of floor through pressure regulator, through twin tank 1.5 inch water softener system (brand new because I thought this was the problem), through two takagi tankless water heaters and then directly to the water tank float valve. My problem is that when my water is running through the softener, there is not enough pressure coming out of the float valve to keep up with the pumps using the water. If I bypass the water softener system, pressure is huge coming into the tank and still hot (which makes me rule out the water heaters restricting flow). I just upgraded from 1 inch single water softener to a 1.5 inch dual system because I thought the softener was restricting flow and not putting out enough GPM, however, this has not fixed the problem. I have also ruled out the inline pressure regulator by bypassing the softener but still going through the regulator, and once again the pressure is huge and keeps up with the water consumption. I have no idea what is causing this. Does anyone have any ideas??? Major problem.

Replies

You could leave a reply if you were logged in.
car-wash-operating