car-wash-owning
Unnamed
TalkCarWash Stats: 5585 users, 3511 posts, 14462 replies, 1274 classifieds, 3796 pictures, 2.5 Hours of Video
← Back to Self Serve Car Wash

New owner in Cold Wisconsin

1 reply created 2 months ago
posted by rjwarner 2 months ago

Hey guys,
I just purchased a two Bay with 1 Auto, and 1 self serve. I am sure to have many questions, and am looking for direction!

My first question is, at what temp do you close down your washes due to cold weather.

I am sure to have many questions, so please bear with me, and thanks for your help!

Replies

reply by Taylor Woodward 26 days ago

Not sure how cold it gets there, but I have a 4 bay self serve in central Indiana and 2 weeks ago, we had all the way down to -15 over night and -5 to 0 during the day for about 6 days straight. I kept my wash open although business was slow. I also did this with out floor heat because the system started failing right before the cold temps (perfect)... it wasn't fun but I was able to keep it open although I did have a few freeze ups at times out in the bays, just kept a close eye on it during the weather. I did hear from a lot of people that they did just close their washes down during this time but I didn't see the need to. As for the auto bay, I can't speak because I have no experience with those.

You could leave a reply if you were logged in.
car-wash-operating