car-wash-owning
Unnamed
TalkCarWash Stats: 5669 users, 3544 posts, 14501 replies, 1307 classifieds, 3971 pictures, 2.5 Hours of Video
← Back to Product Review

Washworld In-Bay Automatics VS PDQ In-Bay Automatics

6 replies created over 4 years ago
posted by CWNewbie over 4 years ago

I am looking at an IBA in southern climate as part of a planned 2 and 3 car wash. Any opinions about Washworld razor or high velocity vs PDQ Laserwash 360?

Replies

reply by adrian0410 over 4 years ago

Good Morning CWNewbie, cant go wrong with a name that carries a lot of respect. I recently have sold 2 Laser wash 360's in the last month, going in, in November. If you don't mind me asking, where are you from, maybe I can assist you with your purchase. Give me a call at 714-904-1047.

reply by Robert Roman over 4 years ago

Excluding some rural and upcoming areas, Atlanta is one of the most overbuilt carwash markets in U.S.

So, if you are planning to build a new combination carwash in Atlanta, you may want to consider speaking with someone closer to home.

reply by Homer over 4 years ago

It all depends on what kind of local service you can get. Let that be the deciding factor.

Adrian, the company that carries a lot of respect was put on the map by the engineers at wash world. Gets kind of sticky when you start comparing the two.

Again, I can't stress how important good local honest service is.

reply by CWNewbie over 4 years ago

Robert, That is a big concern of mine. I have a location in mind with a lot of positives, including few car washes in the immediate vicinity, but there are many in town. I believe this can be successful, but don't want to delude myself.

Homer, great point. Any specific service people in the South East?

reply by pcb over 4 years ago

If you're in the Atlanta area go with Advanced Car Wash for PDQ and Car Wash Services of the Southeast for Washworld. You can trust both companies as far as service and installation. I use both companies when I have a major problem and am pleased.

reply by Robert Roman over 4 years ago

“I believe this can be successful, but don't want to delude myself.”

This is a great perspective to have before getting into this business.

As new-to-industry, the biggest challenge you will face is obtaining external funds. Today, lenders place most emphasis on market and management.

Is there an excellent market opportunity, and do the stakeholders have sufficient management experience and skills to deliver the business plan?

So, before you become embroiled in salesmanship aspect of project development, I would consider getting an assessment of location and business plan from an independent and unbiased third party.

You could leave a reply if you were logged in.
car-wash-operating