car-wash-owning
Unnamed
TalkCarWash Stats: 5396 users, 3533 posts, 14465 replies, 1247 classifieds, 3568 pictures, 2.5 Hours of Video
← Back to Car Wash Association Talk

Tire Brush Damaging Black Rim

3 replies created 2 months ago
posted by Rwave 2 months ago

I have a customer that wants me to replace 8 of his scratched black wheel rim on Yukon 16, and Escalade 17. They used the car wash a couple of times, I am so frustrated but I feel responsible for it. Anyone with the same experience, and what can we do to avoid it? It surprises me that an new upgraded rim can not hold for the tire brush cleaning.

Thank you
Marlene

Tire_brush_incident_report
Tire_brush_incident_report_3
Tire_brush_incident_report_2

Replies

reply by Robert Roman about 1 month ago

Cause and effect - you can't fix something unless you know what is causing it.

For example, did damage come from wash as in can you observe potential damage like rims from identical or subject vehicle rubbing on tire brush mechanism? Have you checked with factory to see if there any recall bulletins regard defect with painted rims? And so forth.

reply by Jon S about 1 month ago

Based on where the damage is located it looks to me that it is unlikely the damage would be caused by a wheel/tire brush. What I see is flaking paint due to a poor surface preparation prior to painting.

reply by Earl Weiss about 1 month ago

We advise that customers are responsible for non original equipment. There is no telling how aftermarket stuff is made. Had one guy with an older Caddy and clearly aftermarket cheap plastic replacement hubcaps. I said "Sir, we are not responsible for non original equipment." He said "well it's originally from Walmart." After a good chuckle i gave him some free washes.

You could leave a reply if you were logged in.
car-wash-operating